Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Eid comes again!




Assalamualaikum and happy Eid mubarak!

Wow, today marks the first anniversary of this blog! It still feels brand new. I actually started blogging since I was 16 which was 7 years ago and I used the very same URL which is sharifahsyazreen.blogspot.com but somehow I accidentally deleted the blog and I kind of gave up blogging for I was too sad that I deleted the blog by accident haha. It was until last year that I started blogging again using the same URL and this time my posts are so much different from before. Previously I liked to blog about almost everything! I remember the very first post was about me lounging on a sofa, sipping on a cup of hot milo and the fan was on number 5. Haha. Now, I like to talk about cooking recipes and major highlights of my life. I'll try to post more frequently as I do believe it helps to enhance my writing skills and also, I do hope to write more on big, general but important, issues. Things that matter, things that I am most concerned about, things that get on my nerves. It's better to let it out in long-written forms and reason out on its logics rather than just tweeting or reposting them on Tumblr, don't you agree? So inshaAllah I'll do that. 

I am also happy that it's already Eid again! Selamat hari raya Aidilfitri! This is my 23rd hari raya and it still gives me joy. However, no matter how happy I am, I should remember that I can't forever be a child. I should act like a lady now. Who knows next year or the year after I'll be spending my raya with the future in-laws? (nervously laughing  -__- ). Therefore ladies, on raya, be as happy as a child but remain poise and graceful like a real lady. 


My sisters and I on raya


Not so lady-like here  -_-

Also, I am excited to share with you that I have been offered a new job at a new place! Alhamdulillah. I'll start right after this raya holiday. Hopefully this new opportunity will give me new experiences and knowledge. So excited to be learning new things and I'll try my best to be a good employee. Do pray for my career journey and I'll pray that we will all have a wonderful and exciting life adventures ahead. Amin.

P/s: In the midst of raya happiness, please never forget those who are celebrating Eid in Palestine. Don't cry over them as it ruins the purpose of Eid which is to be joyful and happy. But also, do not celebrate too excessively. Our brothers and sisters in Palestine lose their children one by one a whole month long. Yet when Syawal comes, they raise their hands and thank Allah for the wonderful day of Eid. How pure are their hearts?

Thanks for reading! 
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment