Thursday, October 24, 2013

The search continues

Hi!

This post is a continuation of my job-hunting story. If you have read my previous posts, you would know that I am on a mission to find a job.

So..after all that screening procedure, I didn't get the job in the publishing company. :( However, Faris did! Alhamdulillah..I knew he would make the cut and I'm glad he did and I'm so happy for him. :') He has already started working there and I can see he's really happy.

As for me, yes I am sad I didn't get the job. Turns out, the company wanted only men; hence the new recruits were all guys. Well it is a night-shift job, it's only logic. But they could've told me earlier, no?

So..the past week I've been quite depressed. It's not common that I become like this because I'm really the kind of person who has a positive attitude. I've always been high-spirited, motivated, happy. But "life's a wheel" right? Sometimes you're at the top, sometimes you're at the bottom. I'm not sad because I didn't get that one job actually. I'm just sad to think that I've been looking high and low for a job for the past three months. To be honest, I never knew job-seeking can make you feel this difficult when you look so hard and it takes too long. Countless emails and applications, a number of interviews but still nothing. At times I began to wonder if I'm really not good enough.

It's pathetic, I know. If anyone is reading this, you must be thinking "cepat sangat putus asa ni" or "relax la, belum ada rezeki lagi tu" or "tu pun nak sedih depressed bagai". Well you're right, I'm being too negative, impatient. But only Allah knows, how difficult it feels at the moment. How it feels not reaching the goal you set at a targeted time. And of course I'm sad because of a few other reasons which add on to the stress I have now.

I'm a loyal follower of Amenakin, an inspiring Muslim youtuber who lives in the UK (http://www.youtube.com/user/Amenakin). In one of her recent videos (which for me was posted at the right time) she said "everybody has hardships in their lives. There is not one person in this planet who has had it easy."  Another inspring young Muslim lady, Dena Bahrin, recently wrote on her blog saying that behind every achievement lies a struggle. Allah is fair. These words consoled me. I realize that I have to be more patient and make something happen from what I have right now. Faris also advised me this morning when he got back from work and was very sleepy and his voice sounded drowsy, saying that I should enjoy my break and "remember Matrade" (I used to work there and I dreaded the time in the office and wanted a break so bad). Faris can be a genius sometimes especially when he's very sleepy. Lol.

Now that that's off my chest, I thank you for reading this. xoxo <3


2 comments:

  1. salam:) are u interested to be an entrepreneur?
    if u are, feel free to visit my blog
    www.nolyanna.blogspot.com
    you can get rm5k next month and free trip to Gold Coast australia
    :)

    ReplyDelete