Thursday, January 11, 2018

I Love You, Quirks And All.

There's a couple of things about my husband that I'd like to share.



He's a very neat person. One that cares heavily on cleanliness. Bonus points for me! But sometimes it can get a little crazy.

Faris is the kind of husband who washes the dishes, does the laundry, mops the floor, vacuums the house (I've never used our vacuum - of which I bought 😂 ), cleans and maintains the cars and motorbike, cleans the toilet, does the bed, basically everything! Why? Because he prefers them done his way. Some things I get to do; like fold our clothes and hang them in our closets (but with his preferred arrangement), cook dinner, and manage the baby. Banyak juga tu, so we divide and conquer. Bab membersih & mengemas, all him.

Before we were married, I noticed that he was a tidy person from the way he dressed. I think I was too in love with this man that I overlooked the fact that I once saw him calculatingly arrange his socks by colour, very neatly as if they were on display - and he was only drying them! And how he swept his bedroom floor and when I thought he was done, he ducked and started lint-rolling his carpet!

After being married it started to get a little freaky y'all. You know those price tags on new clothes, they come with this tiny plastic string like this:

One day, I bought a new blouse. Got home that night I took off the price tag, tried it on, loved it, kept it in my closet. The next day I came home from work and found Faris in an 'inspector' mode. I got the feeling that I was in trouble so I asked "Why? What did I do?" and then he said, "You tell me." Shit I really was in trouble. I felt like I was in a movie scene sitting in a dark room only lit by a dim, low hanging light, being interrogated by a super tensed inspector. Drama sangat!


Then I said, "I don't know, what did I do this time?" and he said, "what did you do yesterday?" Shit! What did I do yesterday?! And then he showed me in his hand that little piece of plastic price tag string and said, "why did I find this on the carpet?" COME ON!! It was so tiny and broken and how the hell did he find it - our carpet is fuzzy!

Tu ok lagi. One time, I opened the fridge door and took a bite from a chocolate bar. He swooped in front of the fridge, squat down, head down and started searching the floor for chocolate crumbs. NO CRUMBS ON MY WATCH, LADY.


Yes, it drives me nuts sometimes, but there's always a positive side of everything. My husband's obsession on keeping things in order comes with his responsible attitude which means I can rely on him on a lot of things. Allah makes no mistakes and His ultimate arrangements are perfect. He sends down this neat-freak to complement the very messy me.

A couple months after I gave birth I started to lose a lot of hair due to postpartum hormones. This got me very worried and everyday I complained about my hair fall problem. Without telling me (until a few months later), every morning when I take my shower Faris would sweep up the fallen hair on my pillow and throw them away and I wouldn't notice how much hair I lost that night. He also convinced me that we need a black bed sheet to match our furnitures and we did - which makes sense now because then I wouldn't be able to see my fallen hair on the bed. He'd also scoop up any hairballs on the floor and throw them away while I was busy.

Did I tell you that Faris likes to keep and do things in order? He knows that being a working mom makes me exhausted so every morning he'd let me sleep a little longer while he gets up, cook for Jasmine's lunch pack, prepares all our bags for work, finds my phone and dump it in my handbag, checks my purse, gets the keys, takes out my shoes from the shoe rack. When we're ready he'll walk us to the car, warms the engine, checks the baby car seat, puts my phone, handbag and keys where I can reach them and kiss us goodbye before I drive out and then he leaves for work on his Vespa.

I sorely rely on him day in and day out. And he does it all out of love. I truly respect my parents-in-law for raising such a good man.

Faris, I don't know how I would function a day without you. Thank you for being you. I love you, quirks and all. 💋

xoxo
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. Ya Allah klaka een. Da way u describe how ur husband is mang sgt2 obvious boleh dibygkan hahaha.

    ReplyDelete